HOW TO CONSIGN
Zippy Chicks is happy to consider consigning your clothing and accessories. We are very selective and accept only clothing which is of quality and in impeccable condition. We reserve the right to reject any article of clothing that we feel does not contribute to the character of the store. The goal of our business is to offer a selection of clothing and accessories of quality therefore creating an atmosphere and outlet for consignor and consumer alike.
- All clothing must be wrinkle-free, on a hanger and be in season, in style and of no need of repairs or cleaning.
- All items are priced to sell by the Zippy Chicks.
- The standard consignment period for an item is 60 days.
- Consigner receives 40% of the selling price, 60% is retained by the store.
- Consignors keep their own list of product left at the store.
- Clothing and accessories are marked with consigners number and when article sells, the transaction is recorded and credited to the consigners account.
- Payment is handled at the store in the following way: Store Credit may be used at anytime. Credits under $25 may be paid in cash depending on availability and Credits over $25 will be paid by check. You may stop in for payment at any time during business hours.
PLEASE NOTE: CHECKS ARE NOT MAILED OUT UNLESS ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE OTHERWISE.
Consignments are accepted by appointment for the most specialized, prompt service. We also take walk ins. Call, email or schedule online by clicking on the button below.
Frequently Asked Questions...
Do I need an appointment?
Appointments are recommended for new consignors and if you would like to ensure that someone will be available to accept your items. Not all of our staff is trained to accept consignment. Appointments are always taken before walk-ins. We accept appointments via phone & email or schedule it yourself online.
What are you taking right now?
We accept seasonally. Please check in with us if you are unclear on what colors or fabrications are appropriate for each season. We update the website frequently here with specific needs.
Is there a limit to the number of items you will accept?
No limit. Appointments are recommended if you have more then 25 items. Please schedule accordingly.
Can’t I just drop it off?
We are no longer accepting drop and runs. We just don’t have the storage to hang on to items. Please plan to stay while we inspect your items. We are pretty speedy!
Can I have you look over my stuff and then bring it back on hangers?
Sorry, no. We cannot give your items a fair assessment through all those wrinkles. Clothing must be clean, pressed and on hangers, ready to wear.
How do I know if my items sold?
You may call, email or stop in to check on your account at any time. You can also check the consignor login on the website here. Your password is your email address for the first login and then you change it.
What if my items don’t sell?
All items left unclaimed after your 60 day term will be liquidated or donated to charity. (Sorry, we have just too many consignors and items to call to remind everyone.)
How do I get paid?
All payments are handled at the store. Store credit is available at anytime. We pay cash for credits under $25. Credits over $25 are paid by check. We do not mail checks unless you make arrangements.