Now Hiring- Resale Sales Associate
Job Title- Resale Associate
Overall Position Description
The Resale Associate is the first point of contact for all customers and is responsible for maintaining the sales floor, checkout counter and dressing rooms at various times during their work schedule.
When representing the store, the Resale Associate is required to always convey the culture and values of the business.
The Resale Associate is someone who is enthusiastic and understands fashion, clothing trends and the mix of social media within the two.
The Resale Associate must report to work on time, be dependable, efficient with time management, honest, a team player, and have an outgoing personality.
On a daily basis:
- Ensures the highest level of customer care in line with the store’s specific service expectations and builds genuine relationships with customers.
- Ability to manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to effectively communicate the consignment process of the store to all customers
- Understand and work diligently to hit sales goals and other key metrics set for the business
- Be honest and truthful not only with their employer and team, but with shoppers and consignors.
- Accurately inform customers of all sales and events occurring
- Understand and perform the daily tasks to keep the store running smoothly and be able to prioritize such tasks and not be flustered when handling new situations.
- Correctly tag, hang and place inventory on the sales floor
- Maintain organization of the store (style, size, color)
- Recognizes visual merchandising and marketing to ensure ease of shopping for customers
- Accurately run the store’s inventory system and Point of Sale (POS) to include, but not limited to, ringing up merchandise, counting change correctly and balance the cash drawer.
- Meticulously follow the procedure to payout customers
- Have a high level of knowledge of social media platforms and be willing to use them to promote the store and inventory.
- Assist in maintaining the organization, cleanliness and restocking of the store and its merchandise.
- Greet, thank and interact with customers of all ages and backgrounds.
- Possesses the art of putting outfits together for women of all ages. Assists them in thinking outside of their norm and finding fashion which truly fits not only their shape and body style, but also their personality.
- Assist other team members when needed and be willing to learn about other associated job responsibilities.
- Actively anticipate and seek out ways to enhance the store and customer needs.
- Handling of initial complaints is a critical role of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies requires a combination of empathy and tact.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Ability to read & write
- Basic math and money handling
- Average to high level of social media platforms
- Able to greet and interact with the wide variety of customers
- Knowledge of fashion trends
Work Environment and Conditions
- This position is normally inside a climate-controlled retail space with a low volume of noise. However, there may be times of working outside during special events or promotions or while assisting customers
- Must be able to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor or stock room (8-10+ hours) while maintaining an efficient sense of urgency pace.
- Perform physical activities including in engaging in repetitive motions: squeezing, typing, bending, kneeling, squatting, pushing, pulling, stooping. lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching and/or using a step stool/ladder on a frequent basis. Ability to maneuver merchandise up to 50 pounds.
- Vision, coordination and reading requirements consistent with the team member’s job duties (accurately attaching tags, hanging, bagging, wrapping, and other non-specified duties)
Required Education and/or Experience
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Previous retail and/or fashion experience and money handling experience
Part-time position working 10-20 hours per week to include weekdays and mandatory weekend shifts. Must have the ability to work a flexible part-time schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the store including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Must be able to work hours agreed upon when hiring including weekends and/or nights. Changes in availability from what was presented on the application may result in withdrawal of the job offer.
Attendance is required at paid store meetings typically held outside of normal store hours.
Additional duties and/or responsibilities may be added to the job description which are required of the employee as this listing is not designed to contain a full and comprehensive list. Duties and responsibilities may change or be added with or without prior notice and the employee is expected to perform them at the request of management.